Life According to Averie

Here are Averie's first 18 months of life! Please enjoy!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, August 28, 2006

BIG ROOM IS DONE

Toy cubbies and fur pillows (Averie likes carrying the pillows around).
* * * * *


Rocking elephant and crib.
* * * * *


Rocking chair with STARS all over it (a few moons too).
* * * * *


Painted dresser with STAR handles. And her pictures on the wall (a lion, giraffe, elephant and zebra).
* * * * *



Growth chart...
* * * * *


Averie being silly with her furry pillow!
* * * * *


A great view of the dresser. Can you tell I'm proud of it? It was an old wood dresser with tacky (sorry mom) handles. My parents used it when I was a kid...so we took it and spruced it up!!! And I absolutely love it! And my friend Shawna (the same one that took Averie's pregnancy pics, and hopefully this baby's preg pics soon)gave me the idea...I have to give her that (she is due in December)!
* * * * *


A close up of her name.
* * * * *
So...Averie is now a big girl! She slept in her big room last night for the first time! She did very good...she didn't have any problems sleeping (she almost never does), Daddy woke her up this morning to get the day started early because we have an appt. at 2:15 (right in the middle of her usual nap-so I could put her down for an early nap). And when he woke her up this morning, she stood up, signed bed/nap and laid back down. Silly girl. Guess she likes her new room! She is napping in there as I type! We did the usual diaper change, sat in the rocker and I sang her two songs and put her in bed. As soon as I sat in the rocker, she signed bed. One thing that was weird last night was walking by the nursery...the very empty nursery and having her not be in there. It'll be even more weird when there is another baby in there!!! In 37 days! Unless today's visit with the Dr. moves me up...hopefully not...but we'll see! Well, I have dishes to do and must get on the the road by 1:30pm! I'll post later! :o)
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the room looks awesome! you guys did a great job, and it looks like averie loves it!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

beth, the room is so beautiful! you are such the decorator. i will have to put you in charge of my rooms-when i get more than one! can't wait to see the nursery with a new one in it=) love and kisses to averie! miss you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home